Gianna Reggio Short Curriculum
- "Laurea in Matematica", October 1981, University of Genova,
"Una proposta di analisi formale dei task Ada"
- "Dottorato di Ricerca in Informatica" (PhD), October 1988,
Consortium of the Universities of Pisa-Genova-Udine,
"Una metodologia per la specifica dei sistemi e dei linguaggi concorrenti"
She actively took part in many national and international projects, among
- since 1992, Associate professor at DISI - University of Genova
- since 1989, Researcher at the Department of Mathematics - University of Genova
- 1987-90 Scientific collaborator for the Europeaan Project "DRAGON"
(projet Esprit 1550)
1985-86 Scientific consultant of CRAI for the European Project "The Draft Formal Definition of
- 1982-83 Scientific collaborator for the project
"Progetto Finalizzato per l'Informatica - P1 - Cnet"
She has co-organized workshops and conferences
- SAHARA (Software Architectures for Heterogeneous Access Networks
national project (2001-2003)
SALADIN (Software Architecture and Languages to coordinate Distributed
Mobile Components) national project (1999-2001)
CoFI The Common Framework Initiative for Algebraic Specification
and Development (1998-2000)
EEC-HCM project MEDICIS (1994-1995), EXPRESS (1994-1995)
EEC-BRA project COMPASS (1987-1995), IS-CORE (1992-1995)
- Secondo Progetto Finalizzato per l'Informatica'' (1990/1994)
Esprit project ``DRAGON'' (1987 - 1990)
EEC-MAP project ``The Draft Formal Definition of Ada'' (1985 - 1986)
Progetto Finalizzato per l'Informatica - P1 - Cnet'' (1982/1983)
She has been co-program chair of the edition 2002, 2003 and 2004 of the FIDJI Workshop
(Scientific Engineering of Distributed Java Applications, Luxembourg).
She has been member of the program committee of FASE 2003, <<UML>>
2004, <<UML>> 2003,
<<UML>> 2002 and FORTE 2000.
The series of workshops colocated with the at <<UML>> conference
on "Consistency Problems in UML-based Software Development"
(I, 2002 Dresden; II, 2003 San Francisco; III, 2004, Lisbon)
- ETAPS 2001 (Genova)
- 15th WADT '' (Genova 2001)
- Workshop on "Dynamic Behaviour in UML Models: Semantic Questions" at <<UML>> 2000 York
- 10th WADT '' (Santa Margherita 1994)
She is member of the IFIP WG 1.3 (Foundations of System Specifications).
The main areas of the reserach activity of Gianna Reggio are
In particular she has developed
- Software development methods
Formal specification and modelling of concurrent systems
Semantics of programming languages
Recently, she is developing variants of the precise UML method specialized
for particular classes of software systems, where each class is defined by means of a
Jackson's "Problem Frame", and developing new problem frames to cover
distributed and Web-based systems ("Problem Frame Oriented Software
specification methods for concurrent systems based on the
use of formal techniques,
visual notations derived from formal specifications,
formal techniques supporting the use of Java,
- techiniques for making "precise" UML
- and a "precise" software development method based on UML.
Last Updated: 12/01/2004