Angela Locoro earned one Master Degree in Modern Literature from the Faculty of Humanities and one Bachelor Degree in Computer Science from the Faculty of Science of the University of Genova, where she also attended the PhD Course in Electronic and Computer Engineering, Robotics and Telecommunications. She is presently working as a postdoctoral fellow at the DIBRIS Department of the same University within the group of Artificial Intelligence. Her research include Knowledge Representation, Semantic Web technologies, and Natural Language Processing. Her main publications focus on Ontology Matching, Ontology Learning from texts, and automatic Classification of documents for Digital Libraries. During her research activity she was involved for 3 years in the 5 years 6th FP European Project KP-Lab, Knowledge Practice Laboratory, for the creation of virtual shared spaces for the collaborative creation of knowledge and sharing in both professional and educational settings. She has completed an internship at INRIA Grenoble, and she is presently collaborating with the Exmo Team research group headed by Jerome Euzenat, on a project for context-based ontology matching. She is also a member of the IEEE "Ontologies for Robotics and Automation" Working Group.
my DBLP profile
my Google Scholar profile
- A. Locoro, J. David, J.Euzenat. Context-Based Matching: Design of a Flexible Framework and Experiment. Journal on Data Semantics, Springer, ISSN: 1861-2032, DOI 10.1007/s13740-013-0019-z.
- E. Prestes, J. L. Carbonera, S. Rama Fiorini, V. A.M. Jorge, M. Abel, R. Madhavan, A. Locoro, P. Goncalves, M. E. Barreto, M. Habib, A. Chibani, S. Gérard, Y. Amirat, C. Schlenoff. Towards a core ontology for robotics and automation. Robotics and Autonomous Systems, Elsevier, 2013, ISSN: 0921-8890, DOI: 10.1016/j.robot.2013.04.005.
- V. Mascardi, D. Briola, A. Locoro, D. Grignani, V. Deufemia, L. Paolino, N. Bianchi, H. de Lumley, D. Malafronte, A. Ricciarelli. A Holonic Multi-Agent System for Sketch, Image and Text Interpretation in the Rock Art Domain, to appear on IJICIC, 2014.
- D.Briola, R.Caccia, M.Bozzano, A.Locoro. Ontologica: Exploiting ontologies and natural language for railway management. Design, implementation and usage examples. International Journal of Knowledge-based and Intelligent Engineering Systems 17 (2013) pp. 3-15.
- V.Mascardi, A.Locoro, P.Rosso, Automatic Ontology Matching Via Upper Ontologies: A Systematic Evaluation, IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering, 22(5):609-623, 2010.
- E. Vallés, P. Rosso, A. Locoro, V. Mascardi. Anàlisis de opiniones con Ontologìas. POLIBITS, Research Journal on Computer Science and Computer Engineering with Applications (41). pp. 29-37. 2010.
- A.Locoro, M.Ancona. Interactive Summaries by Multi-Pole Information Extraction for the Archaeological Domain, accepted for publication in Innovative Document Summarization Techniques: Revolutionizing Knowledge Understanding,IGI Global book with DOI: 10.4018/978-1-4666-5019-0
- A. Locoro, D. Grignani, V. Mascardi. MANENT: An Infrastructure for Integrating, Structuring and Searching Digital Libraries. In Learning Structure and Schemas from Documents. M. Biba and F. Xhafa, editors, Springer, Studies in Computational Intelligence serie, vol. 375, pages 315-341, 2011.
- J. L. Carbonera, S. Rama Fiorini, E. Prestes, V. A.M. Jorge, M. Abel, R. Madhavan, A. Locoro, P. Goncalves, T. Heidegger, M. E. Barreto, C. Schlenoff. Defining Positioning in a Core Ontology for Robotics. In proceedings of IROS 2013, IEEE / RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems.
- M. Gioseffi, A.Locoro. Two Sides of a Coin: Translate while Classify Multilanguage Annotations with Domain Ontology-driven Word Sense Disambiguation. In proceedings of ICAART 2013, the 5th International Conference on Agents and Artificial Intelligence.
- M. Bozzano, D. Briola, D. Leone, A. Locoro, L. Marasso, V. Mascardi. MUSE: MUltilinguality and SEmantics for the Citizens of the World. In Proceedings of IDC 2012, International Symposium on Intelligent Distributed Computing, LNCS Springer.
- D. Briola, R. Caccia, M. Bozzano, A. Locoro. Ontologica: Exploiting Ontologies and Natural Language for Representing and Querying Railway Management Logics. KES 2012, pages 376-385, IOS press.
- A.Locoro, V.Mascardi, A.M.Scapolla. Evolving and Validating Annotations in Web-based Collaborative Environments through Ontology Matching. Proceedings of the 27th Symposium on Applied Computing, SAC 2012, Web Technologies track, pages 725-727, ACM.
- V.Mascardi, A.Locoro. BOwL: Exploiting Boolean Operators and Lesk Algorithm for Linking Ontologies. Proceedings of the 27th Symposium on Applied Computing, SAC 2012, The Semantic Web and its Applications track, pages 398-400, ACM.
- A. Locoro, D.Grignani, V. Mascardi. When you Doubt, Abstain: from Misclassification to Epoché in Automatic Text Categorisation. Proceedings of the International Workshop on Natural Language Processing and Ontology Engineering (NLPOE 2011), in conjunction with The 2011 IEEE / WIC / ACM International Conferences on Web Intelligence and Intelligent Agent Technology.
- A. Locoro. Tagging Ontologies with Fuzzy WordNet Domains. Proceedings of the 9th International Workshop on Fuzzy Logic and Applications (WILF 2011), pages 107-114, LNCS, Springer.
- A. Locoro, V. Mascardi, A-M. Scapolla, NLP and Ontology Matching: A Successful Combination for Trialogical Learning, In Proceedings of the 2nd International Conference on Agents and Artificial Intelligence (ICAART 2010), pages 253-258, Valencia, Spain.
- A. Locoro and V. Mascardi, A correspondence repair algorithm based on word sense disambiguation and upper ontologies. In Proceedings of the 1st International Conference on Knowledge Engineering and Ontology Development, (KEOD 2009), pages 239-246. Funchal, Madera.
- A.Locoro, A.M.Scapolla, D.Grignani, Semantic Annotation and Tagging in the KP-LAB environment: mining the learning and knowledge dynamics. In Proceedings of the 5th International Conference on Multimedia and ICT in Education, m-ICTE2009, Lisbon, Portugal.
National Conferences and Technical reports
- M. Ancona, D. Briola, A. Locoro, V. Mascardi, A. Tacchella, A. Traverso. Exploiting Human Portable Devices for 3D Models Extraction in Cultural Heritage Applications, accepted at RICH 2012 1st Conference on Robotics Innovation for Cultural Heritage.
- A. Locoro, V. Mascardi, D. Briola, M. Martelli, M. Ancona, V. Deufemia, L. Paolino, G. Tortora, G. Polese and R. Francese. The Indiana MAS Project: Goals and Preliminary Results, Proceedings of the Workshop from Objects to Agents (dagli Oggetti agli Agenti), WOA 2012, ceur-ws.org, Vol 892.
- A. Locoro, V. Mascardi, F.Mortara, R.Sanna. Managing Unavailabilities in a Dynamic Scenario Following an Agent-Based Approach. Proceedings of the Workshop from Objects to Agents (dagli Oggetti agli Agenti), WOA 2011, pp. 58-67.
- M. Bozzano, A. Locoro, M. Martelli, V. Mascardi. Trattamento del linguaggio naturale tramite Prolog: un approccio promettente per generare istituzioni virtuali da testi scritti. In Proc. of CILC’10. In Italian. 2010.
- V. Mascardi, A. Locoro, F. Larosa, Exploiting Prolog and NLP Techniques for Matching Ontologies and for Repairing Correspondences.In Atti del 24-esimo Convegno Italiano di Logica Computazionale, CILC 2009, Ferrara, Italy. Online version
- D.Briola, A.Locoro, V.Mascardi, Ontology Agents in FIPA-compliant Platforms: a Survey and a New Proposal., In Proceedings of the Workshop from Objects to Agents (dagli Oggetti agli Agenti), WOA 2008.
- V. Mascardi, A. Locoro, and P. Rosso, Exploiting DOLCE, SUMO-OWL, and OpenCyc to boost the ontology matching process, Technical Report DISI-TR-08-08, University of Genoa, 2008.
- 2012-2015 (Firb Project): Indiana MAS and the Digital Preservation of Rock Carvings
- 2010-2011 (Research Project): Agenti SW a supporto di sistemi complessi, Iniziativa Software
In collaboration with CINI (Consorzio Interuniversitario Per L'informatica) and Elsag Datamat S.P.A (a Finmeccanica Company)
- KP-LAB Project: the Knowledge Practices Laboratory (Funded under the EU 6th Framework Programme, ID: IST-2004-2.4.10)
KP-Lab focuses on creating a learning system aimed at facilitating innovative practices of sharing, creating and working with knowledge in education and workplaces.
To reach that, the aim of the project is to develop theories, tools, and practical models together with researchers, technological developers and users.
- FIRB - Web Minds: Wide-scalE, Broadband, Middleware for Network Distributed Services
- Years 2012/2013 and 2013/2014: Laboratory Assistant of the course of Information Technology Basics, 1st year course of the Biomedical Engineering BcD
- Lectures, labos, and exams assistant for the course Intelligent Systems, MsD in Computer Science, year 2012.
- Assistant for AI exams, year 2011
- Semantic Web and Grid Computing master SIIT
- My phd activity can be found here.